A Google Drive account of a developer working on CD Projekt Red's upcoming action role-playing game The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was hacked resulting in the leak of spoiler-heavy documents and assets being distributed across Reddit, 4chan and other forums.
CD Projekt Red confirmed the leak to Eurogamer and advised against The Witcher fans of accessing the content.
"It has come to our attention that some of the production files for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt have emerged on the internet," the company's marketing boss Michal Platkow-Gilewski told Eurogamer. "A portion of the files contains information about the story of the game so we strongly advise against accessing them, as this may heavily impact and spoil your future gaming experience. We also like to reassure everyone that the disclosure of said documents does not affect the development cycle in any way."
The documents contain concept and full production art, mission details, endings and descriptive scenes. It also outlines that an in-development version of the game will run on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 platforms, although the experience is expected to be superior on PC.
"Content is still being developed, but design and feature set are locked," the document reads. "No known blockers are present, but random crashes, functional and cosmetic bugs may still occur. The entire game can be played without progression blocking issues on PC, XBONE and PS4 although performance is expected to be worse on consoles."
As Eurogamer points out, the document contains a description of the game's E3 2014 demo, storyboarding "Boob physics eye candy." "We start with a cut-scene with the camera descending down on the Baron's castle, showing off the lovely open world surrounding it. The camera tracks in on the window of the cottage where we talk to Keira Metz. Cue dialogue. We talk to Keira Metz and she gives us a task: remove the curse from the tower in the swamps. (Boob physics eye candy, appropriately prepared dialogue)."
Previously outlined for a February 2014 release window, the Wild Hunt developer narrowed down its release to Feb. 24, 2015 for PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One. It will launch in a number of editions, both physical and digital, offering a range of supplementary items.
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- NIS America allegedly backtracks out of GaymerX sponsorship
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death
- Why Shadow of Mordor's undead Elven hero and sexy Sauron are such a big deal
- Watch The Last of Us: One Night Live right now
- Yes, you can dress up like Link when Monster Hunter 4 comes stateside next year
- How to unlock Thanatophobia, the almost impossible trophy, in Rogue Legacy
- Scientifically Accurate Sonic is everything you never wanted to know about hedgehog poop
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27