A Google Drive account of a developer working on CD Projekt Red's upcoming action role-playing game The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was hacked resulting in the leak of spoiler-heavy documents and assets being distributed across Reddit, 4chan and other forums.
CD Projekt Red confirmed the leak to Eurogamer and advised against The Witcher fans of accessing the content.
"It has come to our attention that some of the production files for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt have emerged on the internet," the company's marketing boss Michal Platkow-Gilewski told Eurogamer. "A portion of the files contains information about the story of the game so we strongly advise against accessing them, as this may heavily impact and spoil your future gaming experience. We also like to reassure everyone that the disclosure of said documents does not affect the development cycle in any way."
The documents contain concept and full production art, mission details, endings and descriptive scenes. It also outlines that an in-development version of the game will run on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 platforms, although the experience is expected to be superior on PC.
"Content is still being developed, but design and feature set are locked," the document reads. "No known blockers are present, but random crashes, functional and cosmetic bugs may still occur. The entire game can be played without progression blocking issues on PC, XBONE and PS4 although performance is expected to be worse on consoles."
As Eurogamer points out, the document contains a description of the game's E3 2014 demo, storyboarding "Boob physics eye candy." "We start with a cut-scene with the camera descending down on the Baron's castle, showing off the lovely open world surrounding it. The camera tracks in on the window of the cottage where we talk to Keira Metz. Cue dialogue. We talk to Keira Metz and she gives us a task: remove the curse from the tower in the swamps. (Boob physics eye candy, appropriately prepared dialogue)."
Previously outlined for a February 2014 release window, the Wild Hunt developer narrowed down its release to Feb. 24, 2015 for PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One. It will launch in a number of editions, both physical and digital, offering a range of supplementary items.
- I caught every Pokémon and it only took most of my life
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Tales of Xillia 2 review: time sink
- Swing Copters, clones and the dismal failure of the 'open' app store
- Sony's secretive division is hoping to find the next PlayStation or Walkman
- Ancient Space brings galactic RTS action back to PC
- Demos are dead, long live demos
- Legend of Grimrock 2 now in beta, iOS port of first game shown
- Watch 20 minutes of Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain gameplay from Gamescom
- Netflix shows off experimental virtual reality interface
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?