The alpha test for Bungie's Destiny that launched on PlayStation 4 earlier this month brought on more than 6 million player games, with "too many [Guardians] to count" served with in-game dance parties, according to a post on the Bungie blog.
The post, written by Community Manager David Dague, shares a handful of statistics from the almost week-long testing phase. In addition to the exactly 6,461,871 games played, players also engaged in 149,522,313 primary weapon kills, 21,782,610 secondary weapon kills and 4,002,737 heavy weapon kills. Super abilities were accessed for final kills 21,687,298 times. Players also took down 60,491,944 Fallen Dregs, the lowest class of four-armed humanoid creatures that roam the Earth and the Moon and Destiny's most common encounter.
"Putting our Alpha out there lit a new kind of fire here at Bungie," Dague wrote. "It feels like we've been reborn. Putting alpha code out in the wild is always a risk; that build is ancient by our standards, riddled with content and bugs we'd never allow through to ship. In many cases, the really rough and jagged edges had been hammered smooth long ago, making it all the more difficult to see them discovered, but in just as many others, there's still work to do, and the only way to get it done is to let you touch down in our world to tear the place wide open."
Players also gathered 2,819,211 Orbs of Light, captured 6,850,773 control points in the Crucible — Destiny's multiplayer mode — and were awarded 1,195 Deathless Medals. Approximately 4,356 splatters were made with the land-based Sparrow vehicle.
During the alpha phase, players joined in 667,966 publicly-held events as well.
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- With Han Solo, Leia and Chewie, Star Wars Commander is bringing back the force
- Microsoft may be offering 24-hour demos of Xbox One games to Gold subscribers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Games with great Sound Design
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us