Primal Rage 2 is now available to the public — at least those willing to make a pilgrimage to the Galloping Ghost Arcade in Brookfield, Illinois.
The cabinet, rumored to be one of two in existence, is a test version of the fighting game canceled by Atari Games in 1996. Primal Rage 2 appears to feature the dinosaurs of its predecessor, now with the ability to take on a human form and handle weapons.
Primal Rage 2 is prized amongst many lovers of rare and obscure arcade games. A cabinet is believed to have appeared at two different arcade conferences in the early 2000s, and gameplay video appeared on the internet in 2012. But this marks the first time the public will have an opportunity to play a version of the game in an arcade.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming