Primal Rage 2 is now available to the public — at least those willing to make a pilgrimage to the Galloping Ghost Arcade in Brookfield, Illinois.
The cabinet, rumored to be one of two in existence, is a test version of the fighting game canceled by Atari Games in 1996. Primal Rage 2 appears to feature the dinosaurs of its predecessor, now with the ability to take on a human form and handle weapons.
Primal Rage 2 is prized amongst many lovers of rare and obscure arcade games. A cabinet is believed to have appeared at two different arcade conferences in the early 2000s, and gameplay video appeared on the internet in 2012. But this marks the first time the public will have an opportunity to play a version of the game in an arcade.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too
- Games with great Sound Design
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21