Primal Rage 2 is now available to the public — at least those willing to make a pilgrimage to the Galloping Ghost Arcade in Brookfield, Illinois.
The cabinet, rumored to be one of two in existence, is a test version of the fighting game canceled by Atari Games in 1996. Primal Rage 2 appears to feature the dinosaurs of its predecessor, now with the ability to take on a human form and handle weapons.
Primal Rage 2 is prized amongst many lovers of rare and obscure arcade games. A cabinet is believed to have appeared at two different arcade conferences in the early 2000s, and gameplay video appeared on the internet in 2012. But this marks the first time the public will have an opportunity to play a version of the game in an arcade.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31