Shovel Knight, the Kickstarted action-platformer from Yacht Club Games, combines a ton of familiar retro mechanics with a few clever, modern takes on the genre. If that sounds like your cup of tea — or if you've already secured a copy of the game by helping its crowdfunding efforts — you can watch us run, scoop and bounce through the game's first level in the video above. For more info on the title, which hits 3DS, Wii U and Windows PCs this week, check out our Overview video below.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Highergrounds Game
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- PS+ & Stryder
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story