Shovel Knight, the Kickstarted action-platformer from Yacht Club Games, combines a ton of familiar retro mechanics with a few clever, modern takes on the genre. If that sounds like your cup of tea — or if you've already secured a copy of the game by helping its crowdfunding efforts — you can watch us run, scoop and bounce through the game's first level in the video above. For more info on the title, which hits 3DS, Wii U and Windows PCs this week, check out our Overview video below.
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League