The latest Japanese trailer for Hyrule Warriors, the Legend of Zelda and Dynasty Warriors mash-up from Tecmo Koei Games, shows off one of the many weapons Link and friends can bring into battle: the fire rod.
Hyrule Warriors is a spin-off of the series in which Link battles a fearsome sorceress named Cia in order to save Princess Zelda. With the fire rod, players can send out bursts of energy, columns of dragon-shaped fire or special ground-pounding moves. You can watch the trailer above for a look at the weapon.
Hyrule Warriors launches Sept. 26 in North America for Wii U. In addition to Link, players will be able to take control of Zelda, Impa and Midna from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. The game will also feature levels that bear a "close resemblance" to those from the Dynasty Warriors franchise, despite their Hyrulian setting.
For more on Hyrule Warriors, check out our hands-on impressions and interview with development producer Yosuke Hayashi from E3 2014.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall