Boston Bruins forward Patrice Bergeron will appear on the cover of NHL 15, publisher Electronic Arts announced today.
Bergeron defeated Montreal Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban in a fan vote for the cover athlete that garnered more than 10 million votes from hockey fans around the world. Bergeron has also represented Team Canada internationally, winning gold medals at the 2004 World Championships, 2005 World Junior Championships, 2010 Winter Olympics and 2014 Winter Olympics. Bergeron became a member of the Triple Gold Club after Boston won the Stanley Cup in 2011.
"Being featured on the cover of NHL 15 is a dream come true," Bergeron said in a prepared statement. "The fact that the cover is selected entirely by fans is an incredible feeling. The passion and support from hockey fans, especially Bruins fans, is unlike any other sport and I'm so grateful to everyone who voted for me."
Developer EA Canada is promising NHL franchise fans revamped presentation, new puck physics and completely redesigned arenas and crowds. NHL 15 is slated for release Sept. 9 on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Be sure to read our impressions from our recent hands-on with the game at E3 2014.
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- GTA 4 now looks as good as GTA 5 — if you have a PC
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- It takes 40 minutes to drive across country in The Crew, watch it happen right here
- The Nic Cage-led Superman movie was delightfully bizarre, and doomed
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- A New Steam Controller
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?