Boston Bruins forward Patrice Bergeron will appear on the cover of NHL 15, publisher Electronic Arts announced today.
Bergeron defeated Montreal Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban in a fan vote for the cover athlete that garnered more than 10 million votes from hockey fans around the world. Bergeron has also represented Team Canada internationally, winning gold medals at the 2004 World Championships, 2005 World Junior Championships, 2010 Winter Olympics and 2014 Winter Olympics. Bergeron became a member of the Triple Gold Club after Boston won the Stanley Cup in 2011.
"Being featured on the cover of NHL 15 is a dream come true," Bergeron said in a prepared statement. "The fact that the cover is selected entirely by fans is an incredible feeling. The passion and support from hockey fans, especially Bruins fans, is unlike any other sport and I'm so grateful to everyone who voted for me."
Developer EA Canada is promising NHL franchise fans revamped presentation, new puck physics and completely redesigned arenas and crowds. NHL 15 is slated for release Sept. 9 on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Be sure to read our impressions from our recent hands-on with the game at E3 2014.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- Rogue Legacy survival guide: How to keep that family tree growing
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30