Gearbox Software's writer and creative director Mikey Neumann will launch PAX Prime 2014 with the convention's traditional Storytime Session keynote presentation, the show's organizers announced today.
Working at Gearbox for 13 years, Neumann is the writer and creative head behind many of the studio's projects. His work spans the Borderlands franchise, its comic book adaptation, Borderlands: Origins, along with Aliens: Colonial Marines. He has previously worked on numerous other titles including Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30, Earned in Blood, Hell's Highway, Counterstrike: Condition Zero and Half Life: Decay. Neumann also currently hosts a comedy podcast with Kris Straub called Chainsawsuit.
Organizers unveiled the entertainment lineup across the event's three nights. Friday night features performances from Triforce Quartet, The Doubleclicks and Paul & Storm. Saturday evening consists of "a special live event," while Sunday includes performances from MC Frontalot, Bit Brigade and 7bit Hero.
PAX Prime 2014 runs from Aug. 29 through Sept. 1 at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle. Be sure to check out Polygon's coverage of the news, panels, hands-ons, interviews and more from PAX Prime 2013.
- But WHAT CAN BE DONE: dos and don'ts to combat online sexism
- The new Unreal Tournament looks incredible, see it in motion
- Girl's Club video review: Just wanna have fun
- Never back a Kickstarter without a programmer (and other tips for not losing your money)
- The most progressive game of the summer is the one you're probably not playing