The 2.5 side-scrolling puzzle platformer is a remake of 1997's Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee. Speaking with Eurogamer, creator Lorne Lanning explained that the Xbox One edition of the game will come after the Steam and PlayStation ports.
"As soon as we get our obligations on the PS platforms out, our intention is to get rolling on the Xbox platform and really treat it with the same level of care," Lanning said. "We don't have a release date, but we know it'll be before the end of the year."
The game will not be released on Xbox 360,as the ID@Xbox program only applies to Xbox One titles.
New 'n' Tasty is already slated to launch for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita as a cross-buy and cross-save title, as well as Linux, Mac, Wii U and Windows PC. The PS4 launch is set for July 22.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Looking for some good Players
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward