Indie sandbox game Minecraft has sold nearly 54 million copies across all its available platforms, according to the company's data analysis and business employee Patrick Geuder on Twitter.
Minecraft is available for Android, iOS, PlayStation 3, Mac, Windows PC and Xbox 360. The game's console sales have finally surpassed the Mac and Windows PC editions, Geuder added.
Minecraft console editions together just passed Minecraft for PC/Mac. And across all platforms we've sold almost 54 million copies.— Patrick Geuder Saga (@pgeuder) June 25, 2014
The game is expected to launch on PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita and Xbox One this August.
As of April, Minecraft was approaching the 50 million mark for total sales. PC copies of the game have passed 15 million, while previous announcements have placed the mobile editions around 21 million. The Xbox 360 Edition has sold more than 12 million, while the PlayStation 3 port was last sitting around 1.5 million.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game
- Watch 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' a second time in Xbox One's new Syfy app
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Tell Us Your Story
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward