Indie sandbox game Minecraft has sold nearly 54 million copies across all its available platforms, according to the company's data analysis and business employee Patrick Geuder on Twitter.
Minecraft is available for Android, iOS, PlayStation 3, Mac, Windows PC and Xbox 360. The game's console sales have finally surpassed the Mac and Windows PC editions, Geuder added.
Minecraft console editions together just passed Minecraft for PC/Mac. And across all platforms we've sold almost 54 million copies.— Patrick Geuder Saga (@pgeuder) June 25, 2014
The game is expected to launch on PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita and Xbox One this August.
As of April, Minecraft was approaching the 50 million mark for total sales. PC copies of the game have passed 15 million, while previous announcements have placed the mobile editions around 21 million. The Xbox 360 Edition has sold more than 12 million, while the PlayStation 3 port was last sitting around 1.5 million.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Reconsidering Columbine
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse