The game is also in development on PlayStation Vita, but Spry Fox said it has "hit a few bumps" with that version; the studio now expects to release it this fall. Spry Fox released a '90s-inspired trailer today for the launch date announcement; you can check it out above.
Road Not Taken is a challenging game with a cheerful aesthetic. Movement occurs on a grid, and the foundation of the game is a simple mechanic: Your character moves next to objects to pick them up, and can move and throw them. Moving with objects uses up energy, while throwing does not; if you expend all your energy, you die. Road Not Taken was inspired partly by the experiences of Daniel Cook, Spry Fox's chief creative officer, and his perception of being an outsider. For more on the game, check out our interview with Spry Fox CEO David Edery.
- Watch what Grand Theft Auto 4's killer PC mod does for its original trailer
- The man who made Atari's E.T. names his worst video game of all time
- GOG.com accidentally gives away thousands of games
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Wii version of Skylanders Trap Team bundled with Wii U download code