Yacht Club Games is sending out keys for its 8-bit indie platformer Shovel Knight to backers today ahead of its launch later this week, the developer announced through the game's Kickstarter campaign page.
"Hey backers... you should totally check your Humble Key page. I think there might be something there for you. Something that you've been patiently waiting for," the update reads. "It's just a little early... because we love you a whole lot. Shhh... don't speak. Just enjoy the moment."
Backers can find out details on how to redeem their code in the developer's "How To Get Your Copy Of Shovel Knight" update posted earlier this week. Non-backers can download the game for Windows PC through Steam and for Wii U and 3DS via Nintendo eShop on June 26 at 11 a.m. PST. The Nintendo versions will only currently be available in North America as Yacht Club is still working on localizing Shovel Knight and getting it through the European ratings system.
To find out more about Shovel Knight, which was was funded through Kickstarter last April, watch our Overview video below and be sure to check back soon for our full review.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4