The new human male model headed to World of Warcraft's upcoming Warlords of Draenor expansion will fix "some of the more glaring problems" with the existing model, the massively multiplayer online game's art director Chris Robinson revealed today in a post on the game's official blog.
"As with the previous model redesigns, our goal here was to honor the silhouette and style of the original, while increasing fidelity and fixing some of the big issues we’d identified," Robinson wrote about the Champion of Stormwind pictured above. "The male human has long been a source of criticism from some of you for his odd proportions and face geometry. We’ve taken great care to ensure we’re not changing so much that he looks completely unlike anything you’d expect, while also correcting some of the more glaring problems. We hope you enjoy the results!"
Blizzard revealed the expansion, which will raise the level cap and include a universal player versus player toggle, last year at BlizzCon 2013. For more on the cosmetic changes coming to Warlords of Draenor, you can check out the expansion's revamped dwarves and gnomes, female humans and female orcs. Some in-progress models will arrive in the World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor alpha soon, according to Robinson.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- What's your favorite silly game?
- PS4 Beta Codes
- Standby Or Off On PS4