The new human male model headed to World of Warcraft's upcoming Warlords of Draenor expansion will fix "some of the more glaring problems" with the existing model, the massively multiplayer online game's art director Chris Robinson revealed today in a post on the game's official blog.
"As with the previous model redesigns, our goal here was to honor the silhouette and style of the original, while increasing fidelity and fixing some of the big issues we’d identified," Robinson wrote about the Champion of Stormwind pictured above. "The male human has long been a source of criticism from some of you for his odd proportions and face geometry. We’ve taken great care to ensure we’re not changing so much that he looks completely unlike anything you’d expect, while also correcting some of the more glaring problems. We hope you enjoy the results!"
Blizzard revealed the expansion, which will raise the level cap and include a universal player versus player toggle, last year at BlizzCon 2013. For more on the cosmetic changes coming to Warlords of Draenor, you can check out the expansion's revamped dwarves and gnomes, female humans and female orcs. Some in-progress models will arrive in the World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor alpha soon, according to Robinson.
- On Patreon support
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me senpai!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall