Years ago, when production began on what would become Mad Max: Fury Road, a new game and film were tied together by game designer Cory Barlog and Mad Max director George Miller.
That's no longer the case, as the two have taken, dare I say it, different roads. And yet, they still kind of look alike. I guess that's to be expected, what with the colorless post-apocalyptic hellscape.
Mad Max: Fury Road is scheduled for a May 2015 release. The Mad Max video game, a standalone adventure developed by Avalanche Games, the creators of Just Cause 2, was recently bumped to 2015, too. We'll see which one, dare I say it, reaches the finish line first.
For comparison's sake, I've include images from the film and game below. For more photos and details, Entertainment Weekly has the first-look cover story.
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- First Tekken 7 details revealed at Comic-Con