"We've been working day and night to make sure Wayward Manor is the best game it can be. This ultimately meant making the tough decision to delay the game," the announcement reads. "After adding more puzzles, an extra level of polish, and maybe even some paranormal surprises; we're finally ready to announce a release date for Wayward Manor."
The upcoming release from the Odd Gentlemen, best known for The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom and Slap Happy Sam's Stageshow, puts the player in the role of a ghost who is trying to empty a 1920s New England mansion of obnoxious living residents. "Your mission is to clear the house of all these people," said Gaiman. "You want to scare them away. How you do that will take all your ingenuity and brilliance."
Wayward Manor is Gaiman's first entry into video games, whose award-winning works include Coraline and The Graveyard Book as well as The Sandman series of comics. You can watch a previously released teaser trailer of the game below to see it in action.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4