Free-to-play digital card battling title Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft is slated to receive single-player adventure mode Curse of Naxxramas in July, Blizzard community manager Aratil posted on the Battle.net forums.
"Just wanted to give everyone a head's up that we are currently targeting to release Curse of Naxxramas during the month of July," the post reads. "Unfortunately, we still have a lot of implementing and bug fixing to get through, so please stay tuned! With that said, we are also targeting to reveal pricing details regarding Curse of Naxxramas next week on July 1, so please keep an eye out for that."
According to the mode's announcement in April, the new content will launch simultaneously on iPad, Mac and Windows PC. Naxxramas sends players to a floating necropolis "filled with the stuff of nightmares" with deep roots in World of Warcraft lore. Using their deck of choice, players will face off against undead bosses across the five different wings of the Naxxramas player-versus-environment scenarios over the course of five weeks.
For more details on Hearthstone, check out our opinion piece on why Hearthstone is a gateway drug for card battler games and our review. You can watch our Overview video below for a look at the game in action.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31