Free-to-play digital card battling title Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft is slated to receive single-player adventure mode Curse of Naxxramas in July, Blizzard community manager Aratil posted on the Battle.net forums.
"Just wanted to give everyone a head's up that we are currently targeting to release Curse of Naxxramas during the month of July," the post reads. "Unfortunately, we still have a lot of implementing and bug fixing to get through, so please stay tuned! With that said, we are also targeting to reveal pricing details regarding Curse of Naxxramas next week on July 1, so please keep an eye out for that."
According to the mode's announcement in April, the new content will launch simultaneously on iPad, Mac and Windows PC. Naxxramas sends players to a floating necropolis "filled with the stuff of nightmares" with deep roots in World of Warcraft lore. Using their deck of choice, players will face off against undead bosses across the five different wings of the Naxxramas player-versus-environment scenarios over the course of five weeks.
For more details on Hearthstone, check out our opinion piece on why Hearthstone is a gateway drug for card battler games and our review. You can watch our Overview video below for a look at the game in action.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- RIP Friends List?
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta