Styx: Master of Shadows is an upcoming stealth role-playing game from Cyanide Studio, and you can check out 15 minutes of gameplay footage in this video released today by publisher Focus Home Interactive.
You play as Styx, a 200-year-old Goblin who is skilled in the dark arts of stealth, theft and murder. A magical fluid called Amber flows through Styx's veins, and he's on a quest to climb the miles-high Tower of Akenash, which is where Humans and Elves keep the Tree — the source of the Amber — safe from harm.
As you can see in the video, Styx is at his best when he's avoiding open combat; as long as you keep to the shadows, you'll have the upper hand. It's wise to hide the bodies of any enemies you do kill, and murder can be accomplished in a variety of ways: Sometimes you might want to strangle guards from behind, and other times you might want to vomit in a communal water tank to poison anybody who drinks from it afterward.
Styx: Master of Shadows is in development on PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One. It is a prequel to Of Orcs and Men, the 2012 action RPG from Cyanide.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Nipah builds a PC
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design