Styx: Master of Shadows is an upcoming stealth role-playing game from Cyanide Studio, and you can check out 15 minutes of gameplay footage in this video released today by publisher Focus Home Interactive.
You play as Styx, a 200-year-old Goblin who is skilled in the dark arts of stealth, theft and murder. A magical fluid called Amber flows through Styx's veins, and he's on a quest to climb the miles-high Tower of Akenash, which is where Humans and Elves keep the Tree — the source of the Amber — safe from harm.
As you can see in the video, Styx is at his best when he's avoiding open combat; as long as you keep to the shadows, you'll have the upper hand. It's wise to hide the bodies of any enemies you do kill, and murder can be accomplished in a variety of ways: Sometimes you might want to strangle guards from behind, and other times you might want to vomit in a communal water tank to poison anybody who drinks from it afterward.
Styx: Master of Shadows is in development on PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One. It is a prequel to Of Orcs and Men, the 2012 action RPG from Cyanide.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Wait. Could the iPad Mini be a better gaming handheld than the PSVita?