Gran Turismo 6 is not meant to get downloadable content every month, but an update "almost" every month, Polyphony Digital CEO Kazunori Yamauchi said during a recent AMA on Reddit.
The clarification was in response to questions of receiving monthly DLC cars and tracks. Yamauchi said that on average, the dev is "going through" one-to-two updates per month.
"I don't think I have broken any promises," Yamauchi said. "I think somewhere along the lines someone may have contorted my words. When you talk about things like Vision Gran Turismo as an example, we have over 30 cars that are going to be involved in that project and that was to be included in a year's time. So when you look at it, my saying that there would be content released almost every month is not too far from the truth.
"But the Vision Gran Turismo cars, each car is made with great care at each of the manufacturers, and we can't control when those cars can be completed. So I ask for your understanding."
The developer added that a major sound update will be coming in Gran Turismo 7, not 6, and players shouldn't expect those improvements with the game's July update.
- This is a video game (and it's the best thing ever)
- The Sims 4 gameplay video - 48 hours in the life of a Sim
- Here's your first look at Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on PS4 and Xbox One
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community (update)
- There is a human inside this insane Metal Gear cosplay