If you have an Xbox One Kinect and you're looking to get rid of it, you can now trade it in to GameStop.
Multiple GameStop locations around the U.S. confirmed to Polygon over the phone that as of today, June 27, GameStop will accept trade-ins of the Xbox One Kinect. Customers who take advantage of the offer will receive $40 of store credit, or $32 in cash. For reference, used Xbox One Kinect sensors appear to be going for an average of $60 to $70 on eBay.
We also confirmed that GameStop will take a PlayStation Camera for PlayStation 4, and in exchange, customers will get $27 in credit or $21.60 in cash. And the retailer is still accepting trade-ins of the Xbox 360's Kinect, for $4 in store credit or $3.20 in cash.
Microsoft has yet to release a stand-alone Kinect for Xbox One; that is coming this fall. But the peripheral added $100 to the cost of an Xbox One — Microsoft un-bundled Kinect from the console earlier this month, and is selling the console by itself for $399 instead of $499. The PlayStation Camera, which is an optional add-on that doesn't do nearly as much as the Xbox One Kinect, costs $59.99.
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Hotline Miami publisher is coming to the rescue of GaymerX after this week's funding mishap
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today