If you have an Xbox One Kinect and you're looking to get rid of it, you can now trade it in to GameStop.
Multiple GameStop locations around the U.S. confirmed to Polygon over the phone that as of today, June 27, GameStop will accept trade-ins of the Xbox One Kinect. Customers who take advantage of the offer will receive $40 of store credit, or $32 in cash. For reference, used Xbox One Kinect sensors appear to be going for an average of $60 to $70 on eBay.
We also confirmed that GameStop will take a PlayStation Camera for PlayStation 4, and in exchange, customers will get $27 in credit or $21.60 in cash. And the retailer is still accepting trade-ins of the Xbox 360's Kinect, for $4 in store credit or $3.20 in cash.
Microsoft has yet to release a stand-alone Kinect for Xbox One; that is coming this fall. But the peripheral added $100 to the cost of an Xbox One — Microsoft un-bundled Kinect from the console earlier this month, and is selling the console by itself for $399 instead of $499. The PlayStation Camera, which is an optional add-on that doesn't do nearly as much as the Xbox One Kinect, costs $59.99.
- Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Final Fantasy designer Tetsuya Nomura shows his extreme take on Batman
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- A New Steam Controller
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Spare PS4 Beta Codes
- DESTINY disappointment?
- 25 character code not working on Xbox1
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22