If you have an Xbox One Kinect and you're looking to get rid of it, you can now trade it in to GameStop.
Multiple GameStop locations around the U.S. confirmed to Polygon over the phone that as of today, June 27, GameStop will accept trade-ins of the Xbox One Kinect. Customers who take advantage of the offer will receive $40 of store credit, or $32 in cash. For reference, used Xbox One Kinect sensors appear to be going for an average of $60 to $70 on eBay.
We also confirmed that GameStop will take a PlayStation Camera for PlayStation 4, and in exchange, customers will get $27 in credit or $21.60 in cash. And the retailer is still accepting trade-ins of the Xbox 360's Kinect, for $4 in store credit or $3.20 in cash.
Microsoft has yet to release a stand-alone Kinect for Xbox One; that is coming this fall. But the peripheral added $100 to the cost of an Xbox One — Microsoft un-bundled Kinect from the console earlier this month, and is selling the console by itself for $399 instead of $499. The PlayStation Camera, which is an optional add-on that doesn't do nearly as much as the Xbox One Kinect, costs $59.99.
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?