The first ever Disney Infinity Toy Box Summit, a "super-powered Toy Box competition," will be held Aug. 15 - 17 in Salt Lake City, Utah, Disney Interactive announced today.
"This fan appreciation event will pit top Toy Box creative artists from around the world to partake in a super-powered Toy Box competition," the announcement reads. "The best creations will then be leveraged during the game's fall launch."
Artists will be selected from Disney-held competitions held since the game's launch, such as "The Disney Infinity Toy Box TV: The Official Weekly Web Show." Three summit attendees will also have the chance to join Disney Infinity's video contest, in which participants pay homage to their favorite Disney movie using the game's Toy Box.
Five associate community level designers will act as mentors at the Summit. The event will include panels, roundtable discussion with developers, a tour of the studio, keynotes from Disney Infinity executives and a hands-on preview with Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes, which introduces members of the Avengers.
Disney Infinity 2.0 is expected to launch this September.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Kickstarter suspends Ex-STALKER devs' Areal campaign, West Games turns to direct funding