Want to watch Daisy drop from first to last place in just 17 seconds? Have we got the video for you. It's a microcosm of the Lord-of-the-Flies brutality of any Mario Kart race approaching the finish line.
This video has been making the rounds lately via Reddit, but let's state up front that it is not Mario Kart 8 — this is Mario Kart Wii. The standard-definition graphics and presence of Dry Bones and Birdo give that away. Still, it features most of the characters, and all of the methods, available in the latest game.
Let us recap the onslaught upon Daisy:
- 0:03 Hit by a blue shell and a gratuitous red shell simultaneously.
- 0:05 Passed by Toad.
- 0:06 Hit by a red shell.
- 0:07 Bumped and passed by Dry Bones.
- 0:09 Hit by another red shell.
- 0:10 Passed by Wario.
- 0:11 — 0:15: Passed by Baby Peach, Donkey Kong, Birdo and Mario
- 0:16 Bumped off the course and passed by Luigi.
- 0:20 Hoisted back onto the course by Lakitu.
- 0:22 Annihilated by Bullet Bill.
Poor, poor Daisy.
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- Destiny's beta comparison video: PS4 versus Xbox One
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Nintendo's isolationism means it gets the hard stuff right, but the boring stuff wrong
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- 25 character code not working on Xbox1
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?