PC hardware manufacturer Sandisk announced a new gamer-focused line of solid state hard drives at this year’s Computex in Taipei, China.
The Extreme Pro series, set to go on sale in June, comes with an “industry-first” ten year warranty and boasts what Sandisk claims is increased reliability over the life of its new drives. The manufacturer is claiming greater performance consistency over multiple competitors per PCMark 8 benchmarks.
Solid state hard drives provide significantly faster performance than traditional "platter" based drives, and conserve power on devices like notebook PCs.
Sandisk’s Extreme Pro drives will retail with an MSRP of $189 for the 240 GB model, $369 for the 480 GB model and $599 for the 960 GB version.
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Stronger distinction of Recommended posts/comments
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- I'm going to make an AMV...and I need your help.
- How's this PC for next gen?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall