PC hardware manufacturer Sandisk announced a new gamer-focused line of solid state hard drives at this year’s Computex in Taipei, China.
The Extreme Pro series, set to go on sale in June, comes with an “industry-first” ten year warranty and boasts what Sandisk claims is increased reliability over the life of its new drives. The manufacturer is claiming greater performance consistency over multiple competitors per PCMark 8 benchmarks.
Solid state hard drives provide significantly faster performance than traditional "platter" based drives, and conserve power on devices like notebook PCs.
Sandisk’s Extreme Pro drives will retail with an MSRP of $189 for the 240 GB model, $369 for the 480 GB model and $599 for the 960 GB version.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27