Watch Dogs,Ubisoft's hacking-filled, open-world action adventure game, sold through more than four million copies in its first week, communications manager Gary Steinman announced today via the UbiBlog.
That number qualifies Watch Dogs as the best-selling new property across the entire games industry, as well as Ubisoft's best selling game in the first week. Following its first 24 hours on sale, Watch Dogs sold more copies than any other game in Ubisoft's history.
The game's free companion app, ctOS Mobile, has been downloaded by more than one million people. The app, available for Android and iOS devices, allows users to hack the city to deter friends and more.
Watch Dogs launched for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Windows PC May 27. The Wii U version could still launch this year.
For more on the game, check out our review.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell
More from Polygon
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Wait. Could the iPad Mini be a better gaming handheld than the PSVita?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Stopping non article videos from auto playing.
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites