Watch Dogs,Ubisoft's hacking-filled, open-world action adventure game, sold through more than four million copies in its first week, communications manager Gary Steinman announced today via the UbiBlog.
That number qualifies Watch Dogs as the best-selling new property across the entire games industry, as well as Ubisoft's best selling game in the first week. Following its first 24 hours on sale, Watch Dogs sold more copies than any other game in Ubisoft's history.
The game's free companion app, ctOS Mobile, has been downloaded by more than one million people. The app, available for Android and iOS devices, allows users to hack the city to deter friends and more.
Watch Dogs launched for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Windows PC May 27. The Wii U version could still launch this year.
For more on the game, check out our review.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Feature to track games?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us