The platform reached peak usage of 8,020,813 concurrent members on June 29 at midday PDT, during its Steam Summer Sale Encore Day. The Summer Sale launched last week and is scheduled to conclude June 30 at 1 p.m. ET.
Steam broke the 7-million-user mark in early December and 7.5 million users over the Christmas period. Valve surpassed 6 million concurrent users for the first time in November 2012. The company revealed in October that the number of users increased by 30 percent in a year to reach more than 65 million total Steam accounts. Valve announced during it Steam Dev Days in January that the increased to 75 million active users.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27