The platform reached peak usage of 8,020,813 concurrent members on June 29 at midday PDT, during its Steam Summer Sale Encore Day. The Summer Sale launched last week and is scheduled to conclude June 30 at 1 p.m. ET.
Steam broke the 7-million-user mark in early December and 7.5 million users over the Christmas period. Valve surpassed 6 million concurrent users for the first time in November 2012. The company revealed in October that the number of users increased by 30 percent in a year to reach more than 65 million total Steam accounts. Valve announced during it Steam Dev Days in January that the increased to 75 million active users.
- Weekend at Pokégon's: Open Thread - Aug 23-24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Female representation in gaming
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9