Android TV, Google's platform designed to deliver entertainment and games on televisions, may ship with an Xbox One-like controller, according to a photo of the alleged peripheral taken by Google I/O 2014 attendee Artem Russakovskii.
According to Russakovskii, the Android TV box will ship with the controller, which sports two thumbsticks, four face buttons, D-pad, home button, two navigation buttons, a line of four LEDs and shoulder buttons. The photo is followed by renders of the controller found in the Android L Developer Preview build's directory by Reddit user bedofgoatturds.
As demonstrated during Google's conference, Android TV allows the use of virtual controls on a smartphone or tablet, a remote control or a game controller and voice navigation is built into the interface. Android TV will run on set-top boxes and can be integrated into TVs.
Razer also unveiled its own livingroom entertainment product during Google I/O 2014 with its Android TV-powered micro-console. Along with an "emphasis on gaming, Razer's unnamed micro-console will stream movies, music and other apps. Amazon's recently announced Fire TV also supports a game controller and is designed to support mobile games in the living room.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- Russian and German armor clash in Combat Mission: Red Thunder
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- 'The Players' Score: A Videogame Music Documentary' is headed to Kickstarter with composers you'll recognize
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)