The latest update for Rust not only lets you loot another player without killing them but also allows you to give sleeping players items and even dress them up in new clothes.
The update, which is coming to the game's experimental server branch, was confirmed by developer Garry Newman on the game's official developer blog, alongside a new addition to the game which finally brings death into the game and allows players to loot corpses.
Speaking to Newman, we were told that the ability to dress sleeping characters is actually a bug; However, he intends to keep it in the game.
"It'll probably stay in," he tells us. "It's really part of the ability to undress sleeping players (to steal their clothes without killing them). I can't think of a legit reason for dressing sleeping players, but I'm sure it will emerge."
Newman plans to bring about these changes sometime this week to the game's experimental server, stating in the recent dev blog:
"My plan right now is to polish up what we have, get it playable and error free next week. At this point I think we'll have a strong enough foundation to let GPS start hosting servers and start implementing real shit."
The game is currently getting updates on this server as part of its "reboot," while the original default server on Steam is no longer being updated.
You can check out our overview video of Rust below.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Street Fighter: World Warrior live action series in development
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Tell Us Your Story
- A New Steam Controller
- DESTINY disappointment?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Really Horrible