Mighty No. 9, the crowdfunded platformer helmed by Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune, delivered another update to backers over the weekend, including another 90 seconds of gameplay and a look at a character who was made playable when the campaign hit a stretch goal.
The character's name is Call, and some work-in-progress animations show her crawling, a maneuver that should be useful for getting her into or out of tight spaces. She also appears to have some sort of pink jetpack, though it is not shown in action.
The video above showcases more from the Mighty No. 2 and No. 5 stages, including a boss battle. Additionally, Inafune will be hosting a panel at this weekend's Anime Expo 2014 in Los Angeles. It sounds as though he will reveal more about the game at the panel.
Mighty No. 9 is slated for a Spring 2015 release on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Linux, Mac, Windows PC, PlayStation Vita and Nintendo 3DS. For more on the game, see Polygon's interview with Inafune from September.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- What's a good game for a 65-year old first time gamer?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Feature to track games?
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?