Square Enix is partnering with social networking company Gree to publish Final Fantasy Artniks Dive, a new free-to-play mobile role-playing game set in the Final Fantasy universe, Gree announced today.
Final Fantasy Artniks Dive — which is slated to launch later this summer on Android and iOS — resembles the older, 2D Final Fantasy titles. Players will roam large open maps searching for materials, explore dungeons and fight monsters in turn-based battles.
The game will feature a new original cast of characters that can specialize in any of the franchise's classic job classes, weapon crafting and more than 100 monsters to summon. Players can also find in-game collectable card sets featuring characters from other Final Fantasy games, including the Warrior of Light from the original Final Fantasy, Firion from Final Fantasy 2 and Lightning from Final Fantasy 13.
Final Fantasy Artniks Dive pre-registration is open today for Japanese players. There is currently no word if the title is slated to come West.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Mon Aug 18