The art of Clover Studio's Okami is one of its most memorable qualities, and boutique art dealership Cook & Becker worked with publisher Capcom to create limited-edition prints of artwork from the cult classic.
Seven prints are available in Cook & Becker's Okami collection, and all are based on original concept art. Some are relatively simple landscapes from the game, such as "Sunset at Kamiki Village"; others, like "Path of Heaven" (above; full image below) are more impressionistic pieces. Prices range from $80 to $115 for the hand-numbered prints, each of which comes with a certificate of authenticity.
Okami was originally released in 2006 on PlayStation 2; it was ported to Wii in 2008 and brought into high definition on PlayStation 3 in 2012. The game's art direction was defined by Takeyasu Sawaki, Kenichiro Yoshimura and Mari Shimazaki. Sawaki also worked on the Devil May Cry series and El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron; Yoshimura and Shimazaki did character designs for Bayonetta.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?