The art of Clover Studio's Okami is one of its most memorable qualities, and boutique art dealership Cook & Becker worked with publisher Capcom to create limited-edition prints of artwork from the cult classic.
Seven prints are available in Cook & Becker's Okami collection, and all are based on original concept art. Some are relatively simple landscapes from the game, such as "Sunset at Kamiki Village"; others, like "Path of Heaven" (above; full image below) are more impressionistic pieces. Prices range from $80 to $115 for the hand-numbered prints, each of which comes with a certificate of authenticity.
Okami was originally released in 2006 on PlayStation 2; it was ported to Wii in 2008 and brought into high definition on PlayStation 3 in 2012. The game's art direction was defined by Takeyasu Sawaki, Kenichiro Yoshimura and Mari Shimazaki. Sawaki also worked on the Devil May Cry series and El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron; Yoshimura and Shimazaki did character designs for Bayonetta.
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Your first look at Agent Locke in Ridley Scott's Halo: Nightfall
- Dota 2 team Newbee just won The International 4 — along with the largest eSports prize pool in history
- Wii U owners can now transfer their data to another Wii U
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 22
- Destiny Beta
- I just want a gritty mature MOBA
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon YouTube Channel
- Thoughts on Destiny
- Standby Or Off On PS4