The art of Clover Studio's Okami is one of its most memorable qualities, and boutique art dealership Cook & Becker worked with publisher Capcom to create limited-edition prints of artwork from the cult classic.
Seven prints are available in Cook & Becker's Okami collection, and all are based on original concept art. Some are relatively simple landscapes from the game, such as "Sunset at Kamiki Village"; others, like "Path of Heaven" (above; full image below) are more impressionistic pieces. Prices range from $80 to $115 for the hand-numbered prints, each of which comes with a certificate of authenticity.
Okami was originally released in 2006 on PlayStation 2; it was ported to Wii in 2008 and brought into high definition on PlayStation 3 in 2012. The game's art direction was defined by Takeyasu Sawaki, Kenichiro Yoshimura and Mari Shimazaki. Sawaki also worked on the Devil May Cry series and El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron; Yoshimura and Shimazaki did character designs for Bayonetta.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?