The Pokemon franchise is getting its own live concert tour featuring orchestral arrangements of well-known tracks from the games, according to announcement on the official Pokemon website.
Pokemon: Symphonic Evolutions will showcase musical arrangements of songs spanning the series' 18-year history. The tour will kick off in Washington, DC at the Warner Theater on Friday, Aug. 15, the evening before the city hosts the two-day 2014 Pokemon World Championships.
The second concert will take place in Philadelphia on Sept. 19 at the Mann Center for the Performing Arts, with following concerts' dates and locations to be announced soon.
Check out our recent report on The Pokemon Company — the corporation that handles all Pokemon marketing and licensing — and what it means to the long-standing Nintendo franchise.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes