A new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game based on the upcoming Michael Bay-produced film is coming to Nintendo 3DS later this summer, publisher Activision announced today.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is a third-person hack-and-slash action game set in the TMNT version of New York City, where a mutant, robotic army created by mad genius Baxter Stockman and the Foot Clan's shadow army have teamed up to ransack the city. Players will be able to swap through the game's four heroes — Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo and Donatello — on the fly, utilizing each turtle's unique abilities for a variety of different situations.
As players prowl the streets and sewers taking down enemies, they will level up the turtles' power, earn new abilities, bolster stats and collect raw materials to craft more powerful weapons.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will arrive "just in time" for Bay's film, which launches in theaters worldwide on Aug. 8. The game is in development with Magic Pockets, the same studio behind the Oct. 2013 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game based on Nickelodeon's TV show. The game was part of a multi-year deal between Activision and Nickelodeon for the TMNT franchise's development rights.
One of the more recent TMNT game, Red Fly Studio's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows, was received poorly for being broken at launch.
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Kingdom of Amalur - 10$ was the best deal ever
- I'm going to make an AMV...and I need your help.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!