A new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game based on the upcoming Michael Bay-produced film is coming to Nintendo 3DS later this summer, publisher Activision announced today.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is a third-person hack-and-slash action game set in the TMNT version of New York City, where a mutant, robotic army created by mad genius Baxter Stockman and the Foot Clan's shadow army have teamed up to ransack the city. Players will be able to swap through the game's four heroes — Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo and Donatello — on the fly, utilizing each turtle's unique abilities for a variety of different situations.
As players prowl the streets and sewers taking down enemies, they will level up the turtles' power, earn new abilities, bolster stats and collect raw materials to craft more powerful weapons.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will arrive "just in time" for Bay's film, which launches in theaters worldwide on Aug. 8. The game is in development with Magic Pockets, the same studio behind the Oct. 2013 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game based on Nickelodeon's TV show. The game was part of a multi-year deal between Activision and Nickelodeon for the TMNT franchise's development rights.
One of the more recent TMNT game, Red Fly Studio's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows, was received poorly for being broken at launch.
More from Polygon
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Share Button Use? Can you post to another service other than FaceBook?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?