E3 was kind to Sony last year. Their announcement of the PlayStation 4's price, along with a handful of well-placed jabs at Microsoft, helped to rally longterm fans. They played into the rivalry spirit of a console launch.
This year, Sony will need to do more than excite the hardcore. As the company settles into the PlayStation 4's lifecycle, they'll want to attract the millions of people who don't rush to buy new hardware simply because it exists.
And remember, this is pure speculation. The likelihood that Media Molecule will make an extended appearance, for example, has been reduced to zero. Trading theories is meant to be fun. Keep that in mind in the comments. (Watch on Youtube)
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Tell Us Your Story
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward