E3 was kind to Sony last year. Their announcement of the PlayStation 4's price, along with a handful of well-placed jabs at Microsoft, helped to rally longterm fans. They played into the rivalry spirit of a console launch.
This year, Sony will need to do more than excite the hardcore. As the company settles into the PlayStation 4's lifecycle, they'll want to attract the millions of people who don't rush to buy new hardware simply because it exists.
And remember, this is pure speculation. The likelihood that Media Molecule will make an extended appearance, for example, has been reduced to zero. Trading theories is meant to be fun. Keep that in mind in the comments. (Watch on Youtube)
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me senpai!
- On Patreon support
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall