E3 was kind to Sony last year. Their announcement of the PlayStation 4's price, along with a handful of well-placed jabs at Microsoft, helped to rally longterm fans. They played into the rivalry spirit of a console launch.
This year, Sony will need to do more than excite the hardcore. As the company settles into the PlayStation 4's lifecycle, they'll want to attract the millions of people who don't rush to buy new hardware simply because it exists.
And remember, this is pure speculation. The likelihood that Media Molecule will make an extended appearance, for example, has been reduced to zero. Trading theories is meant to be fun. Keep that in mind in the comments. (Watch on Youtube)
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine