Dark Souls 2 is getting a trilogy of downloadable content beginning July 22, according to a video today from developer From Software and publisher Bandai Namco.
The Lost Crowns DLC will arrive in three parts. Episode 1: Crown of the Sunken King is slated for a July 22 release, Episode 2: Crown of the Old Iron King will arrive on August 26 and Episode 3: Crown of the Ivory King is set for September 24.
"The Crown of the Sunken King sends players on a quest to reclaim the Crown that King Vendrick once owned," the video's description reads. "With an entirely new areas to explore within the Dark Souls 2 universe, players will find pyramids, underground caverns, and unknown foes. It is said that the Ancient Crown is buried deep below the surface, but surely it cannot sit unguarded?"
Each episode will cost $9.99. A Dark Souls 2 Season Pass for all three episode is available on Steam for $24.99.
The DLC will be available on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC. For more on Dark Souls 2, be sure to read our review and watch the Overview episode below.
Producer Takeshi Miyazoe said earlier this year that the game had potential for DLC, but it would depend on fan feedback.
- Forum moderation?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31