Dark Souls 2 is getting a trilogy of downloadable content beginning July 22, according to a video today from developer From Software and publisher Bandai Namco.
The Lost Crowns DLC will arrive in three parts. Episode 1: Crown of the Sunken King is slated for a July 22 release, Episode 2: Crown of the Old Iron King will arrive on August 26 and Episode 3: Crown of the Ivory King is set for September 24.
"The Crown of the Sunken King sends players on a quest to reclaim the Crown that King Vendrick once owned," the video's description reads. "With an entirely new areas to explore within the Dark Souls 2 universe, players will find pyramids, underground caverns, and unknown foes. It is said that the Ancient Crown is buried deep below the surface, but surely it cannot sit unguarded?"
Each episode will cost $9.99. A Dark Souls 2 Season Pass for all three episode is available on Steam for $24.99.
The DLC will be available on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC. For more on Dark Souls 2, be sure to read our review and watch the Overview episode below.
Producer Takeshi Miyazoe said earlier this year that the game had potential for DLC, but it would depend on fan feedback.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- On Patreon support
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- Where to buy?
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.