Electronic Arts' E3 2014 press briefing will include news on the Mirror's Edge franchise and a new title from Criterion Games, according to the schedule for Spike's All Access Live show.
Spike correspondent Geoff Keighley said on Twitter last month that EA would announce six new games during its E3 press conference, which will begin at noon PT on Monday, June 9. The Spike schedule now says the publisher will reveal "nearly a half-dozen new games," including a "new project from Criterion Games."
The Guildford, U.K.-based studio most recently worked with Ghost Games on 2013's Need for Speed Rivals, although that group of employees was officially renamed Ghost Games U.K. Criterion's co-founders, Burnout creators Alex Ward and Fiona Sperry, left the company at the start of 2014 to found an indie studio. When EA confirmed their departures, the publisher said the remainder of the studio was working on a new game for the new consoles.
Spike's schedule also mentions "updates on Mirror's Edge." During EA's E3 2013 press briefing, developer EA DICE announced that it was working on a new Mirror's Edge title for PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One. However, EA hasn't said anything about the project since then. Earlier this year, the original game's writer, Rhianna Pratchett, confirmed that she wasn't involved with the follow-up. Mirror's Edge was released in November 2008 on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and in January 2009 on PC.
In This StoryStream
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Help Nipah build a PC
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Stronger distinction of Recommended posts/comments