Angry Birds developer Rovio will release its mobile spin-off title, Angry Birds Stella, this September, the company announced today on its website.
Stella is "fun, feisty and always up for a challenge" and will be joined by five friends on Golden Island, a new addition to the Angry Birds universe.
"The Stella story [is] about courage, fun and daring to be you, with a spirit of female heroism and friendship," the announcement reads. "Each character is unique and powerful in their own way but together they cause even more mischief, take adventures to new heights and prove that true friends are there for each other through every battle."
Stella will also use Rovio's Telepods, introduced with the Angry Birds Star Wars series. Telepods are physical toys that unlock new characters in the game.
Rovio announced Stella earlier this year. The company is also working on three original animated series — Angry Birds Toons, a Bad Piggies cartoon and another series based on Stella. The cartoon will air in November and features thirteen six-minute episodes.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Nintendo lost $97M last quarter even with the success of Mario Kart 8
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer