"We do not have any plans to bring Terraria to Wii U and it is not in development. Sorry," 505 Game wrote on the forums in response to fan's question about a possible release on the platform. "While the control mechanism may be nicely translated (agreed on that end), there are other factors at play that prevent it from happening and we don't expect that to change any time soon unfortunately."
505 Games announced this week that Terraria is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One this year. The title on PS4 will be cross-save and cross-play compatible with PlayStation Vita and will also include all content from the game's 1.2 update. The PS4 version will be shown at E3 in Los Angeles next week. Polygon will be in attendance at the conference to bring you all of the coverage.
Terraria first launched for PC in 2011 and released via PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade last May. An iOS version hit in August followed by Android and PS Vita versions in September and December, respectively. To learn more about Terraria, be sure to read Polygon's review.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Legend of Zelda in virtual reality is both familiar and completely terrifying
- This Sonic and Cammy fan-film only gets weird after the S&M scene
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Magic 2015 lead designer says Duels of the Planeswalkers is a yearly franchise 'like FIFA or Madden'
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???