"We do not have any plans to bring Terraria to Wii U and it is not in development. Sorry," 505 Game wrote on the forums in response to fan's question about a possible release on the platform. "While the control mechanism may be nicely translated (agreed on that end), there are other factors at play that prevent it from happening and we don't expect that to change any time soon unfortunately."
505 Games announced this week that Terraria is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One this year. The title on PS4 will be cross-save and cross-play compatible with PlayStation Vita and will also include all content from the game's 1.2 update. The PS4 version will be shown at E3 in Los Angeles next week. Polygon will be in attendance at the conference to bring you all of the coverage.
Terraria first launched for PC in 2011 and released via PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade last May. An iOS version hit in August followed by Android and PS Vita versions in September and December, respectively. To learn more about Terraria, be sure to read Polygon's review.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse