CD Projekt Red announced a final release date for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt today, confirming that the action role-playing game will arrive Feb. 24, 2015 for PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One.
Previously, the developer had outlined a February release window after pushing the game out of 2014.
The Witcher 3 will arrive in a number of editions, both physical and digital. The game's standard edition will include a game manual, soundtrack, stickers and The Witcher universe compendium. A collector's edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will come in deluxe packaging and pack-in more physical goods, including a 10-inch polystone statue of protagonist Geralt and other collectible items, like a medallion, 200-page art book and SteelBook case.
A digital, DRM-free release of The Witcher 3 will include a digital art book, bonus videos and a detailed map of the game's world. An exclusive digital version, released through GOG.com, will give buyers an extended game soundtrack, wallpapers, artwork, a digital comic, two beta keys for the upcoming The Witcher: Adventure Game and a free copy of role-playing game Neverwinter Nights.
CD Projekt Red and GOG.com are offering fans a pre-order loyalty discount. Players who own a copy of previous Witcher games will get an extra 5 percent off the game's asking price for each title they own.
For more details on the collector's edition release of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, check out the unboxing video below.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too
- Games with great Sound Design