CD Projekt Red announced a final release date for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt today, confirming that the action role-playing game will arrive Feb. 24, 2015 for PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One.
Previously, the developer had outlined a February release window after pushing the game out of 2014.
The Witcher 3 will arrive in a number of editions, both physical and digital. The game's standard edition will include a game manual, soundtrack, stickers and The Witcher universe compendium. A collector's edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will come in deluxe packaging and pack-in more physical goods, including a 10-inch polystone statue of protagonist Geralt and other collectible items, like a medallion, 200-page art book and SteelBook case.
A digital, DRM-free release of The Witcher 3 will include a digital art book, bonus videos and a detailed map of the game's world. An exclusive digital version, released through GOG.com, will give buyers an extended game soundtrack, wallpapers, artwork, a digital comic, two beta keys for the upcoming The Witcher: Adventure Game and a free copy of role-playing game Neverwinter Nights.
CD Projekt Red and GOG.com are offering fans a pre-order loyalty discount. Players who own a copy of previous Witcher games will get an extra 5 percent off the game's asking price for each title they own.
For more details on the collector's edition release of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, check out the unboxing video below.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart