The Witcher Adventure Game, a digital board game from developer CD Projekt Red, is in development for Mac, Windows PC, Android and iOS, the developer announced at an event today.
The developer is launching a closed beta on Mac and PC, and players can sign up for access on GOG. Those versions are scheduled to be released in 2014. Beta testers will receive keys "in a matter of days," likely after E3 2014 next week, a presenter said. The game will use the new GOG Galaxy service, and its Android and iOS counterparts will follow the PC versions.
Though developers did not announce a price, they did say that The Witcher Adventure Game will not be free-to-play. It will also offer cross-platform between GOG and Steam.
CD Projekt Red announced the physical board game version of The Witcher Adventure Game earlier this year.
At the same event, CD Projekt Red announced that The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt will be released Feb. 24, 2015.
- PlayStation Network slowly coming back to life after hack attack (Update)
- Polygon's Games of the Year 2014 #5: Mario Kart 8
- The Interview was pirated more than 750,000 times in its first day of release
- Best of the rest of 2014: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth may be my most-played game in 2015
- Nuclear Throne is giving out free copies on Jan. 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 3, No 5- Terror and Mystery in the Western Frontier
- The Ending of Dragon Age: Inquisition (!Spoilers obviously!)
- Weekend at Polygon's: Off-Topic: Tacogon Weekend ( Sat-Sun 27-28/12 )
- Clans of Polygon: What's going on in Destiny? (Nov - Dec)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Boxed Day (Friday, Dec. 26)