The Witcher Adventure Game, a digital board game from developer CD Projekt Red, is in development for Mac, Windows PC, Android and iOS, the developer announced at an event today.
The developer is launching a closed beta on Mac and PC, and players can sign up for access on GOG. Those versions are scheduled to be released in 2014. Beta testers will receive keys "in a matter of days," likely after E3 2014 next week, a presenter said. The game will use the new GOG Galaxy service, and its Android and iOS counterparts will follow the PC versions.
Though developers did not announce a price, they did say that The Witcher Adventure Game will not be free-to-play. It will also offer cross-platform between GOG and Steam.
CD Projekt Red announced the physical board game version of The Witcher Adventure Game earlier this year.
At the same event, CD Projekt Red announced that The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt will be released Feb. 24, 2015.
- Link, F-Zero and Animal Crossing are coming to Mario Kart 8 as DLC
- The Walking Dead Season 2 Finale review: can't go home again
- If you thought Dark Souls was hard, try Titan Souls
- Lindsay Lohan lawsuit against GTA 5 publisher was 'for publicity,' says court documents
- The Pokemon fighting game won't play like Tekken (or feature Tekken characters)