A list on the PlayStation Blog from SCEE blog manager Fred Dutton provides 51 facts about Evolution Studios' upcoming racing title, DriveClub.
The list covers everything from the game's day-and-night cycle to how many polygons make up each car. When building the game, the developer used data from NASA to accurately map out the sky, landscapes and mountain formations. Each car takes about seven months to make, including initial licensing and asset production, and more than 500 material types have been applied to the game's vehicles.
DriveClub uses technical data from each car's manufacturer to create realistic performance. The game's AI, meanwhile, adapt their racing strategies based on racers around them and are always trying to "predict overtaking opportunities" unique to each track. Players can also anticipate load times shorter than 15 seconds.
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine