Mario Maker, one of Nintendo's unannounced games, may have leaked a few days early, thanks to a grainy photo supposedly taken at the company's under construction booth for E3 2014.
The image, which seems to have been first posted by Nintendo Enthusiast, depicts what looks like a game that uses the sprites and characters from the original Super Mario Bros. It seems that the stylus-controlled title would let users lay out custom Super Mario Bros.-style levels, but it's not clear which current Nintendo platform the title would be available for.
Behind the column depicting Mario Maker are images of Animal Crossing's Villager, Pikachu and Kirby, all of whom will appear in the new Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.
When reached for comment, Nintendo said the company "has nothing to announce on this topic."
Nintendo plans to hold a special event at E3 to discuss an unannounced Nintendo 3DS game, where the company plans to devote 90 minutes to the title. Nintendo will also broadcast a Nintendo Direct presentation, where we expect it will detail a slate of new and previously announced games.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Minecon is officially off this year; looks to return in 2015
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Microsoft hosting ID@Xbox open house before PAX kicks off
- Weekend at Pokégon's: Open Thread - Aug 23-24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Let's See Your Photo Mode Snaps From The Last of Us!
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Female representation in gaming
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League