Mario Maker, one of Nintendo's unannounced games, may have leaked a few days early, thanks to a grainy photo supposedly taken at the company's under construction booth for E3 2014.
The image, which seems to have been first posted by Nintendo Enthusiast, depicts what looks like a game that uses the sprites and characters from the original Super Mario Bros. It seems that the stylus-controlled title would let users lay out custom Super Mario Bros.-style levels, but it's not clear which current Nintendo platform the title would be available for.
Behind the column depicting Mario Maker are images of Animal Crossing's Villager, Pikachu and Kirby, all of whom will appear in the new Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.
When reached for comment, Nintendo said the company "has nothing to announce on this topic."
Nintendo plans to hold a special event at E3 to discuss an unannounced Nintendo 3DS game, where the company plans to devote 90 minutes to the title. Nintendo will also broadcast a Nintendo Direct presentation, where we expect it will detail a slate of new and previously announced games.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart