Mario Maker, one of Nintendo's unannounced games, may have leaked a few days early, thanks to a grainy photo supposedly taken at the company's under construction booth for E3 2014.
The image, which seems to have been first posted by Nintendo Enthusiast, depicts what looks like a game that uses the sprites and characters from the original Super Mario Bros. It seems that the stylus-controlled title would let users lay out custom Super Mario Bros.-style levels, but it's not clear which current Nintendo platform the title would be available for.
Behind the column depicting Mario Maker are images of Animal Crossing's Villager, Pikachu and Kirby, all of whom will appear in the new Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.
When reached for comment, Nintendo said the company "has nothing to announce on this topic."
Nintendo plans to hold a special event at E3 to discuss an unannounced Nintendo 3DS game, where the company plans to devote 90 minutes to the title. Nintendo will also broadcast a Nintendo Direct presentation, where we expect it will detail a slate of new and previously announced games.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?