A new developer diary released by Ubisoft today looks at some of the gameplay and the story behind Valiant Hearts: The Great War.
The puzzle adventure is set during World War I and follows various combatants and witnesses as they deal with the tragedy of the war. The game takes a serious look at the events of 1914-1918. It will be released as a digital download for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PS3 and PC on June 25.
"It is not a war game," said lead designer Julien Chevallier. "It's a game about war through which we experience the World War I time period."
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today