The 8-bit indie platformer Shovel Knight will launch for Nintendo 3DS, Wii U and through Steam for Windows PC on June 26, developer Yacht Club Games announced through the game's Kickstarter campaign page.
The title will be available worldwide through Steam, while the Wii U and 3DS versions will be available only in North America through the Nintendo eShop at this time. Details on an international release for the Nintendo platform versions are forthcoming, as Yacht Club is still working on localizing Shovel Knight and getting it through the European ratings system.
Yacht Club also revealed the game's box art (shown below), which will be sent to Kickstarter backers who pledged $50 or more. Additionally, players who backed at the $15 tier and above now have access to the Shovel Knight digital instruction manual through the Humble Store. The 3DS version of Shovel Knight will also be playable at E3 in Los Angeles next week.
Shovel Knight was funded through Kickstarter last April. The game exceeded its $75,000 funding goal, bringing in more than triple that amount — $311,502 — from14,749 backers and achieving all of its stretch goals.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game
- Kickstarter suspends accused Airbnb squatter's game project
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- Watch 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' a second time in Xbox One's new Syfy app