Final Fantasy 15 and Kingdom Hearts 3 — the next installments in two of Square Enix's most popular Japanese role-playing game franchises — will not have a presence at E3 2014, longtime company producer Shinji Hashimoto told Famitsu.
In the wake of a teaser for Kingdom Hearts 3 tacked on to the end of a recent trailer for Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix, Hashimoto explained that fans won't be getting more details at the Los Angeles expo next week. Rather, the company is gearing up to share more details on these titles at an event sometime after E3.
"First I'd like to say that development for Final Fantasy 15 is going well," Hashimoto said. "Internally, we try to ascertain the best timing for revealing new information about Final Fantasy 15 to the fans. So when we were going over our promotion plans, we judged that this year's E3 would not be the best time to exhibit information about Final Fantasy 15.
"Instead we are currently planning to exhibit new information at events after E3 2014," he added. "I am extremely grateful to all the fans who excitedly anticipate Final Fantasy 15, and I'm looking forward to share new information when the timing is right. I would appreciate if fans hold out until then."
As for Kingdom Hearts 3, Hashimoto said developers are "eagerly working" on the title, but will not be sharing anything else about the title at E3.
Final Fantasy 15 was announced at E3 2006 as Final Fantasy Versus 13; the name change was announced at E3 2013. Kingdom Hearts 3 had long been rumored to be in development, and was alluded to in several other series' titles, prior to the formal announcement of the game at E3 last year. Square Enix also shared new gameplay footage for Final Fantasy 15 and Kingdom Hearts 3 at E3 2013, and it was announced that both titles would be coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One — the first time a Kingdom Hearts title will be published for a Microsoft console.
- Madden 15 review: victory formation
- Sarkeesian driven out of home by online abuse and death threats
- Inside a video game voiceover studio
- Quake Live is changing, in part to find a wider audience on Steam
- SWAT threat locks down school, gets Counter-Strike player slammed to the ground
- A lightning tour of Infamous: First Light's scaled-down scope
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Old Iron King - A spoiler-free guide
- What's exclusive to the PlayStation versions of Destiny?
- Amazon and Twitch are the competitors YouTube needs
- Help us choose the best reader-designed Sunset Overdrive character
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- On Patreon support
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- Where to buy?
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Games with great Sound Design