Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark, the latest entry in the Transformers video game franchise, will tell a story that crosses between three different Transformers universes, according to the PlayStation Blog.
The game will bring together the world of Michael Bay's live-action Transformers films, the original "Generation One" series and the universe of High Moon Studios' two Cybertron titles, said Andy Owen, lead producer on Rise of the Dark Spark at Activision. The publisher previously confirmed that the game is being developed by Edge of Reality, the studio behind Loadout.
Players will be on the hunt for the elusive Dark Spark, an artifact that can rip the fabric of time and bring two dimensions together; this is how the game's fiction explains the crossover between Transformers universes. Rise of the Dark Spark will take place on the planet Cybertron as well as on Earth.
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark is set for release June 24 on Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Wii U, Windows PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. For more, check out the video above to get a behind-the-scenes breakdown from Peter Cullen, the voice of Optimus Prime.
- Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Here is how anyone can get The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition for free