Spacecom, a minimalist game that focuses on real-time strategy, will launch for Linux, Mac, Windows PC and mobile devices in the second half of this year, publisher 11 Bit Launchpad announced today.
First created as an "after-hours" project, Spacecom was Greenlit by the community on Steam. The game will offer both single and multiplayer options and charges players with designing plans to outsmart and outmaneuver opponents.
"Spacecom pushes your ability to strategize with a focus on real-time tactics and planning — not fast clicking — using a minimalist design inspired by military technology," the game's description reads. "Use proven maneuvers learned from military legends or devise your own cunning plans, and dominate your enemies in planetary systems with up to six players per campaign."
The game is being created by Flow Combine, which includes former developers on The Witcher. Spacecom will be present at E3 2014, where Polygon will be reporting on-site.
11 Bit Launchpad is the publishing arm of 11 Bit Studios, the developer behind the Anomaly franchise and upcoming survival game This War of Mine.
- An awful week to care about video games
- How Salt and Sanctuary reimagines Dark Souls as a 2D action-platformer
- Valve taken to court by Australian consumer commission over Steam refund policy
- The pitch versus the reality: what one of gaming's biggest Kickstarters looks like now
- Dust: An Elysian Tail coming to PS4 'very soon'