Spacecom, a minimalist game that focuses on real-time strategy, will launch for Linux, Mac, Windows PC and mobile devices in the second half of this year, publisher 11 Bit Launchpad announced today.
First created as an "after-hours" project, Spacecom was Greenlit by the community on Steam. The game will offer both single and multiplayer options and charges players with designing plans to outsmart and outmaneuver opponents.
"Spacecom pushes your ability to strategize with a focus on real-time tactics and planning — not fast clicking — using a minimalist design inspired by military technology," the game's description reads. "Use proven maneuvers learned from military legends or devise your own cunning plans, and dominate your enemies in planetary systems with up to six players per campaign."
The game is being created by Flow Combine, which includes former developers on The Witcher. Spacecom will be present at E3 2014, where Polygon will be reporting on-site.
11 Bit Launchpad is the publishing arm of 11 Bit Studios, the developer behind the Anomaly franchise and upcoming survival game This War of Mine.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Street Fighter: World Warrior live action series in development