The latest in Star Citizen's series of "advertisements" for its vehicle fleet mimics the gravelly style of more terrestrial pickup truck ads, touting the payload and engine power of the The Freelancer. All it needs is Sam Elliott himself in the voiceover.
The Freelancer is a rugged vehicle suitable for trade and exploration duty. No word if it's hemi powered or packs an Allison transmission. The ad was created completely in-engine and Star Citizen's citizens will see it on sale beginning this weekend.
Additionally, Cloud Imperium Games crowned the winners of a starship design competition. The Redeemer, by a group calling itself The Four Horsemen, walked away with a $30,000 prize, as well as their starship in game. It may be seen here, and for those who want to view it in game it may be inspected in one's hangar until Monday.
After a brief delay, Star Citizen's dogfighting module, the Arena Commander, became available this past week.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Skylanders launching more powerful premium figures this fall
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- DESTINY disappointment?
- PS4 Beta Codes