The latest in Star Citizen's series of "advertisements" for its vehicle fleet mimics the gravelly style of more terrestrial pickup truck ads, touting the payload and engine power of the The Freelancer. All it needs is Sam Elliott himself in the voiceover.
The Freelancer is a rugged vehicle suitable for trade and exploration duty. No word if it's hemi powered or packs an Allison transmission. The ad was created completely in-engine and Star Citizen's citizens will see it on sale beginning this weekend.
Additionally, Cloud Imperium Games crowned the winners of a starship design competition. The Redeemer, by a group calling itself The Four Horsemen, walked away with a $30,000 prize, as well as their starship in game. It may be seen here, and for those who want to view it in game it may be inspected in one's hangar until Monday.
After a brief delay, Star Citizen's dogfighting module, the Arena Commander, became available this past week.
- An awful week to care about video games
- How Salt and Sanctuary reimagines Dark Souls as a 2D action-platformer
- Narrative exploration game Gone Home is coming to Wii U
- The pitch versus the reality: what one of gaming's biggest Kickstarters looks like now
- Here is how to become a genius detective in Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design
- Where to buy?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- On Being A "Gamer"