The latest in Star Citizen's series of "advertisements" for its vehicle fleet mimics the gravelly style of more terrestrial pickup truck ads, touting the payload and engine power of the The Freelancer. All it needs is Sam Elliott himself in the voiceover.
The Freelancer is a rugged vehicle suitable for trade and exploration duty. No word if it's hemi powered or packs an Allison transmission. The ad was created completely in-engine and Star Citizen's citizens will see it on sale beginning this weekend.
Additionally, Cloud Imperium Games crowned the winners of a starship design competition. The Redeemer, by a group calling itself The Four Horsemen, walked away with a $30,000 prize, as well as their starship in game. It may be seen here, and for those who want to view it in game it may be inspected in one's hangar until Monday.
After a brief delay, Star Citizen's dogfighting module, the Arena Commander, became available this past week.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?