The latest in Star Citizen's series of "advertisements" for its vehicle fleet mimics the gravelly style of more terrestrial pickup truck ads, touting the payload and engine power of the The Freelancer. All it needs is Sam Elliott himself in the voiceover.
The Freelancer is a rugged vehicle suitable for trade and exploration duty. No word if it's hemi powered or packs an Allison transmission. The ad was created completely in-engine and Star Citizen's citizens will see it on sale beginning this weekend.
Additionally, Cloud Imperium Games crowned the winners of a starship design competition. The Redeemer, by a group calling itself The Four Horsemen, walked away with a $30,000 prize, as well as their starship in game. It may be seen here, and for those who want to view it in game it may be inspected in one's hangar until Monday.
After a brief delay, Star Citizen's dogfighting module, the Arena Commander, became available this past week.
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- Deep Silver buys Homefront from Crytek, moves Homefront: The Revolution to new studio
- Deadpool's Hollywood screen test begins with Gwen Stefani, ends with a decapitated head
- Ex-Silicon Knights dev sentenced in child pornography case, charged with sexual assault
- NIS America to make its GaymerX payment 'in full,' conference founder apologizes
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- PS+ & Stryder
- Tell Us Your Story
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites