PlayStation TV, the microconsole that launched in Japan last year, will launch in the U.S., Canada and Europe this fall for $99, Sony announced at its E3 2014 news conference.
The unit, which pairs a television with a DualShock controller to play a variety of games, will cost $99 by itself. A $139 bundle includes the unit, a controller, an 8 GB data card, an HDMI cable, and a copy of The Lego Movie Video Game.
For those who own a PlayStation 4 already, PlayStation TV will allow them to enable remote play on a second TV in the home.
PlayStation TV also will be able to play games from the library of games in PlayStation Now, also launching later this year.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- 25 character code not working on Xbox1
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?