PlayStation TV, the microconsole that launched in Japan last year, will launch in the U.S., Canada and Europe this fall for $99, Sony announced at its E3 2014 news conference.
The unit, which pairs a television with a DualShock controller to play a variety of games, will cost $99 by itself. A $139 bundle includes the unit, a controller, an 8 GB data card, an HDMI cable, and a copy of The Lego Movie Video Game.
For those who own a PlayStation 4 already, PlayStation TV will allow them to enable remote play on a second TV in the home.
PlayStation TV also will be able to play games from the library of games in PlayStation Now, also launching later this year.
In This StoryStream
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- Games with great Sound Design
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- On Patreon support
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26