The cover of WWE 2K15 features John Cena — and the new logo of the WWE itself.
Cena, who claimed his 15th WWE world championship at Sunday's Money in the Bank pay-per-view event, was revealed as the cover superstar last night on WWE Raw. 2K Sports released the packshot this morning.
The new logo, which will replace the scratched-style logo that has been in use (with modifications) since 1997, will enter use across the entire WWE business in August. It's currently the logo for the new WWE Network, and also was recently used in the logo for Wrestlemania 31.
"It is truly an honor and privilege to serve as the WWE 2K15 cover superstar," Cena said in a prepared statement. "I look forward to carrying the flag for WWE 2K15, and introducing the incredible next generation of WWE gaming to the WWE Universe."
WWE 2K15 will be the second wrestling title published by 2K Sports, who picked up the series following the dissolution of THQ. The game launches on Oct. 28 for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Polygon discussed the series' new focus and direction with executive producer Mark Little at E3 2014.
- Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Final Fantasy designer Tetsuya Nomura shows his extreme take on Batman
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- A New Steam Controller
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Spare PS4 Beta Codes
- DESTINY disappointment?
- 25 character code not working on Xbox1
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22