The cover of WWE 2K15 features John Cena — and the new logo of the WWE itself.
Cena, who claimed his 15th WWE world championship at Sunday's Money in the Bank pay-per-view event, was revealed as the cover superstar last night on WWE Raw. 2K Sports released the packshot this morning.
The new logo, which will replace the scratched-style logo that has been in use (with modifications) since 1997, will enter use across the entire WWE business in August. It's currently the logo for the new WWE Network, and also was recently used in the logo for Wrestlemania 31.
"It is truly an honor and privilege to serve as the WWE 2K15 cover superstar," Cena said in a prepared statement. "I look forward to carrying the flag for WWE 2K15, and introducing the incredible next generation of WWE gaming to the WWE Universe."
WWE 2K15 will be the second wrestling title published by 2K Sports, who picked up the series following the dissolution of THQ. The game launches on Oct. 28 for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Polygon discussed the series' new focus and direction with executive producer Mark Little at E3 2014.
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Why Shadow of Mordor's undead Elven hero and sexy Sauron are such a big deal
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Magic 2015 lead designer says Duels of the Planeswalkers is a yearly franchise 'like FIFA or Madden'
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???