The cover of WWE 2K15 features John Cena — and the new logo of the WWE itself.
Cena, who claimed his 15th WWE world championship at Sunday's Money in the Bank pay-per-view event, was revealed as the cover superstar last night on WWE Raw. 2K Sports released the packshot this morning.
The new logo, which will replace the scratched-style logo that has been in use (with modifications) since 1997, will enter use across the entire WWE business in August. It's currently the logo for the new WWE Network, and also was recently used in the logo for Wrestlemania 31.
"It is truly an honor and privilege to serve as the WWE 2K15 cover superstar," Cena said in a prepared statement. "I look forward to carrying the flag for WWE 2K15, and introducing the incredible next generation of WWE gaming to the WWE Universe."
WWE 2K15 will be the second wrestling title published by 2K Sports, who picked up the series following the dissolution of THQ. The game launches on Oct. 28 for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Polygon discussed the series' new focus and direction with executive producer Mark Little at E3 2014.
- This is a video game (and it's the best thing ever)
- The Sims 4 gameplay video - 48 hours in the life of a Sim
- Here's your first look at Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on PS4 and Xbox One
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community (update)
- What do these major changes to Twitch mean for eSports?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart