In honor of the ongoing World Cup, Croatian director Ivan Hakštok assembled seven remixes from seven artists from seven soccer games and released them for free in the 30-minute-long Futebol Arte: World Cup Tribute EP.
The following artists, games and songs are available on the Futebol Arte: World Cup Tribute EP:
- Eino Keskitalo - "Playing in the Park" from Tehkan World Cup
- Chernabogue - "Ball of Steel" from Mario Strikers Charged
- Ivan Hakštok, streifig - "Looking Towards the Future" from Pro Evolution Soccer 3 (World Soccer Winning Eleven 7 International)
- jnWake, Ivan Hakštok - "Hope Never Walks Alone" from Mega Man Soccer
- Ivan Hakštok - "Spotlights (Time to Shine)" Battle Soccer 2
- Mak Eightman - "The Champion" from Kunio Kun no Nekketsu Soccer League
- Brandon Strader - "Legendary" from Inazuma Eleven!
"This album features seven tracks and seven artists, maybe not enough to fit a football team of eleven players, but enough to rock," Hakštok wrote on the EP's official site. "I'll also add that I had no idea that the titles of the songs would make it so easy for me to put them in an order which describes a road to the top of the world: from playing around in the park to achieving a legendary status. I hope you enjoy it!"
You can listen to a preview of the EP in the YouTube video below and download Futebol Arte: World Cup Tribute EP for free at OverClocked Remix.
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Hotline Miami publisher is coming to the rescue of GaymerX after this week's funding mishap
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death