Sales of Spintires, the off-road truck simulator from U.K.-based Oovee Game Studios, reached the milestone of 100,000 copies within the game's first 18 days on the market, the company announced today.
That figure includes digital sales — downloadable copies of Spintires are sold on Steam, Desura, the Humble Store, Green Man Gaming and more — as well as boxed retail copies, which are available in Europe from publisher IMGN.pro. Spintires was released June 12 digitally and June 13 at retail on Windows PC, and Oovee and IMGN.pro sold 100,000 copies by June 30.
"The success of Spintires has been prolific! I am very proud that my company and my team have fulfilled the wishes of many — by producing a game for the off-roading genre. Clearly this muddy adventure was a good choice and we will endeavor to improve the platform with free updates and DLC," said Zane Saxton, Oovee's managing director, in a press release today.
According to a developer Q-and-A posted on Reddit last week, Oovee's list of planned updates to Spintires includes the addition of environments and vehicles, as well as different weather conditions. For more, check out our Overview video below.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27