The Evo 2014 fighting game tournament will host thousands of competitive fighters, nearly 2,000 of whom will be playing developer Capcom's Ultra Street Fighter 4, Evo's Joey Cuellar revealed on Twitter.
Tournament registration just ended, and these are the players and games, according to Cuellar:
- Ultra Street Fighter 4 – 1,979 players
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 – 1,014
- Super Smash Bros. Melee – 970
- BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma – 508
- Killer Instinct – 338
- King of Fighters 13 – 319
- Injustice: Gods Among Us – 311
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2 – 257
Evo 2014 will take place at the LVH Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas from July 11-13. Last month, organizers announced that its Indie Showcase will include games like Messhof's pixelated fencing game Nidhogg and Matt Thorson's arrow-filled TowerFall.
- Joystiq is closing and I'll miss them like hell
- Watch us use Life is Strange's time-rewinding powers in the worst possible ways
- PewDiePie attacks Nintendo for YouTube cash share plan
- Smash Bros. tournament goes on after fire marshals condemn hotel
- Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered revives Quantic Dream's game for PC, mobile