The Evo 2014 fighting game tournament will host thousands of competitive fighters, nearly 2,000 of whom will be playing developer Capcom's Ultra Street Fighter 4, Evo's Joey Cuellar revealed on Twitter.
Tournament registration just ended, and these are the players and games, according to Cuellar:
- Ultra Street Fighter 4 – 1,979 players
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 – 1,014
- Super Smash Bros. Melee – 970
- BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma – 508
- Killer Instinct – 338
- King of Fighters 13 – 319
- Injustice: Gods Among Us – 311
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2 – 257
Evo 2014 will take place at the LVH Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas from July 11-13. Last month, organizers announced that its Indie Showcase will include games like Messhof's pixelated fencing game Nidhogg and Matt Thorson's arrow-filled TowerFall.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell